Thursday, September 16, 2010

4::Alexandra Schultz::Final Teashirt


For my tshirt, I first changed the tshirt template to one with a thinner outline to reflect what it would actually look like in real life on a person. Ramya gave me the awesome suggestion to make the bottom of the tshirt curved (thanks Ramya!!), which got me thinking about how I didn't have to use the template as I found it.  I ended up widening the sleeves so that the top of the teacup would hit the armpits (that sounded more attractive in my head) and making the bottom curved with a thick black seam along the bottom.  I also thinned out the lines of the teacup and the steam lines coming off the top, and made the steam lines slightly asymmetric.  I experimented a lot with the height of the tea cup, since I want the teacup shirt to focus on the top half, while the teapot shirt focuses on the top half. I spent so much time on this tshirt that I didn't get to polish the teapot one as much as I would like, so I'm going to keep working on it til I get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment